I want to thank Kavita at Talking Experience for nominating me for the ‘Very Inspiring Blog’ award! On her blog, she shares all of her thoughts and experiences with the world and invites us to create dreams and turn them into a reality.
As part of the award, I have to list seven facts about myself:
- When I was in sixth grade, I had gotten pretty good at riding my bike with no hands (or so I thought), until one day, while riding around with some friends, the bike unexpectedly tilted off the curb. I had to get twelve stitches in my knee, but the kicker is that this first injury I ever had happened on the day of my dance recital. Because my part in the recital was only a three-minute skit or so, the doctor gave me the OK and I still danced; luckily, the ACE bandage matched my tights!
- The first short story I got “published” was called, “Three People Instead of Four,” a story I created with one of those make-your-own-short-story-kits that my grandparents got me when I was seven. The story documented a royal family (a queen, king, prince, and princess); after the prince goes missing, his remaining family goes all over the globe to search for him: New York, Texas, another dimension, the inside of a pen, space, etc. The story wasn’t initially supposed to have such a morbid ending, but I remember when I was making the illustrations I accidentally put a blue dot of marker on the queens cheek that resembled a tear; that error led to my rather dour ending in which the prince is never found.
- I love music from the 80’s and 90’s and my friend Matt once asked me, “Since when did you turn into a light FM station?” Truth is, I have always been one.
- My favorite animal is a pig.
- I have never had a piece of gum in my life; no one believes me when I tell them this fact, but really, it’s true!
- I once lost both my phone and car keys down a jetty on the beach : (
- Summer has always been my favorite season.
I’d also love to nominate fifteen other bloggers who I find inspiring:
11. Jono’s Journey
Congratulations bloggers and keep up the great work! I hope to notify all of you by tomorrow. Also, if the winners are interested, please pass on this award to fifteen more inspirational bloggers. Otherwise, as Kavita said, I’m happy if the awards just made you smile and proud of what you accomplished 🙂