As a bucket list blogger, I think that we all need a little inspiration sometimes. Here are some of my favorite inspirational quotes taken from a variety of sources:
- “What a comforting thought it is that the best day of your life may not have happened yet.” – Unknown
- “I’m bored is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless; it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.’” – Louis C.K.
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Sonder: n. “The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with [his or her] own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.” – The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows
- “From what we cannot hold, the stars are made.” – W.S. Merwin
- But often, in the world’s most crowded streets,/ But often, in the din of strife,/ There rises an unspeakable desire /After the knowledge of our buried life.” — Matthew Arnold
- “I want to be famous to shuffling men/who smile while crossing streets,/ sticky children in grocery lines,/famous as the one who smiled back./ I want to be famous in the way a pulley is famous,/or a buttonhole, not because it did anything spectacular,/ but because it never forgot what it could do.” – Naomi Shihab Nye
- “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” –Dalai Lama
- “Thank God for all I missed cause it led me here to this” – Darius Rucker
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” –John Lennon
- “This too shall pass.” – Unknown.
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door” – Milton Berle.
- “If not us, who? If not now, when?” – Hillel the Elder
- “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been” – George Eliot
What are some of your favorite inspirational quotes?
Like this post? Please share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit!