Many apologies for being MIA for a few days. The end of my senior year of college is approaching — my last day of classes is this Monday, my last assignments are due Tuesday, and commencement/graduation is May 30th/31st — so I have been working on trying to get everything finished!
Along with graduation, some more exciting news is that the one year anniversary of Project Light to Life is approaching; definitely check in on May 24th for a year-in-review update.
As for me, here are some updates on life, summer plans, and what I’ve decided to do after college (or at least the next two years).
– I recently found out I am the valedictorian for my English major and in the top five students for my communication major at the University of Delaware, so will be giving a speech at my English convocation — eek!
– After saving up enough money from work, I am trying to decide on where I should go on a brief two week trip in Europe (or even in the US) this summer. Anyone have any suggestions before I make my decision?
– I’ve decided to go to graduate school in North Carolina, where I will be studying and teaching English rhetoric and composition for the next two years. The school is about ten hours from my house, so for me, it is both an exciting, yet scary move.
– Finally, I am sure I’ll be visiting Delaware a lot this summer to see many of my favorite people, who have made my four years here, and my final year, absolutely incredible ❤
Now, after I have written what resembles one of those ridiculously braggy Christmas letters that people send, I’d like to turn the focus on you guys.
– I am extremely curious as to what all of my readers have been up to. I love hearing all of your stories, accomplishments, etc, which is why I loved running my “Reader(s) of the Month” section many moons ago. I will write another post about it, but I’m looking for my next “Reader(s) of the Month” for June, so if you think you have an inspiring story that you would like to share with others, please either comment below or send me an email at email@example.com.
What made receiving all of your submissions so exciting is that it showed me that everyone has a story and it is always a very inspiring one.
Check out the past articles written by Readers of the Month for examples of what types of articles past readers have written about themselves.
So what have you guys been up to? Feel free to share whatever you would like below! And if you’re interested about being among Future readers of the Month, don’t forget to comment below 🙂